Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Re-cap

I’m glad it’s over. Don’t get me wrong, I loved Christmas this year but I was exhausted. So exhausted that I slept for 12+ hours on Saturday. I passed out at 10:30pm Saturday evening and woke up at 11:00am the next morning. I haven’t done this in a while.


Christmas Eve was spent at my parents’ house with over 30 family members and 4 dogs (Side note: I am the oldest of 20 grandchildren on my mother’s side. 10 boys and 10 girls, the youngest being 1 year old). Every year my mother’s side of the family seems to grow, with both people and animals. This year one of my aunt’s decided to give my Nana and my mother a framed picture of me. It was an official MCM photo of me running by Capitol Hill and trying my best to smile. My husband and my siblings joked that I reminded them of Michelle Obama in the picture because my necked looked “jacked”. I explained that I was straining it to keep my head up and back straight at mile 18 haha. My aunt showed the whole family my picture and said “We must celebrate our first marathon runner in the family”. I was truly touched and flattered. I spent the holiday eating, drinking and talking running. I think I may have even convinced some cousins to take up running or at least give it a try. My mother even wants a treadmill now.



Christmas Day, I gave my husband his special gift, the Garmin Forerunner 405. He loved it. It was just what he wanted. He hasn’t used it yet but when he does, I will be sure to blog about his review. I wish I could use it and review it myself but I’m on run-rest for now. After our gift exchange, we headed up to my in-laws in Connecticut for a traditional German Christmas dinner. We stayed up late into the night enjoying quality time with family and friends. It was a wonderful Christmas.

I must admit that I feel like a fat slob after this long weekend. I didn’t do much in terms of exercise. I lacked serious motivation. It was so much easier when I was able to run. I would just lace up my shoes and head out the door. Now, I have to go to the gym to do anything somewhat productive. Today I was back at the gym getting in my elliptical/weight/swim/pool running workout. I always finish it up with a relaxing 10-15 minutes in the sauna. It’s a nice reward for a good workout. I’m trying to look forward to another run-less week.



No comments:

Post a Comment