Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Good News

My day was very busy today. I worked a full day analyzing a bunch of crazy financial data. My eyes were exhausted, as well as my brain. Then I headed straight to physical therapy where I received my first bit of good news. The PT gave me the okay to run on Saturday! YAY. I have not run in over 3 weeks so you can just imagine how excited I am. My husband and I are going to do an easy 3 miles outside. I figured I would try for a 9-9:30 min/pace if I can handle it. As always, if I feel any pain, I will stop. Hopefully these 3+ weeks have given my knee and ITB the rest they needed (and deserved).


After PT, I swung by the house to grab Calleigh for her doctor's appointment. Last week she had been at my mother's playing with 3 other dogs and came home with a scratched cornea, which required a visit to the vet. She's been on eye ointments since so today was her follow-up visit. The doctor checked her eye and said it's all cleared up. Thank goodness because she does not enjoy eye ointments or trips to the vet.


When I arrived home after my crazy busy day and was finally able to relax, I noticed a nice tall package in my dining room (the dog walkers kindly bring in any packages and mail..they must think we are shopaholics because we are always having packages delivered haha). I was so excited because I knew exactly what this package was: my FOAM ROLLER!!! I can't wait to use it. I have been using it at the gym for my ITB and it hurts like a b*tch but that's how I know its working. I'm so happy I finally have one of my own and can use it whenever I feel the need for a good hard muscle massage.


Can't wait to run Saturday and use my foam roller! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my knee enjoys our run :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment