Monday, February 8, 2010

One of those weekends

It was one of those weekends where I didn't exercise and I ate crap all weekend long. Well I only ate crap on Sunday and maybe today:-) After five days straight of exercise, my body needed the break on Saturday. I'ts tough when you work out hard, as well as work full time, to rest and recover. My body was screaming for it on Friday but I pushed myself to take a brutal spin class. I love this instructor. She is AMAZING and her class really kicks my a**. My legs feel like sacks of bricks afterwards. So I gave myself off on Saturday and then Sunday and then Monday :-(

We had a super bowl party so even though Saturday was a rest day, I spent the entire day (and night) on my feet cleaning all three floors of our house. I broke a sweat a couple of times. I was hoping I would wake up to snow and was disappointed when I saw nothing outside my window. It was probably better it did not snow as I would have had guests treking in all sorts of snow, sand, salt, etc. into my clean house on Sunday. The party was a blast and filled with all kinds of yummy-but-so-bad-for-you treats. We had wings, chips, dip, chicken cutlet-roasted red peppers- mozzerella hero, pasta with meatballs and sausage, cookies, cake (picture is of the triple layer football cake I baked) and more. Oh and the wine and beer kept flowing. I was beyond exhausted (and tipsy) by the time the last guests left at midnight. Side note: one of our guests brought over buffalo chicken dip. Has anyone ever tried this? It was incredible. I had never had it before and couldn't get enough of it.

Needless to say, I did not get much done today in terms of exercise or healthy eating. I'm still recovering and right now, Chinese food sounds like the perfect dinner haha. Looks like I will have to wait until tomorrow to get back to my good old healthy self. I'll hit the gym during lunch and have a salad for lunch.

As for running, I recently received an email from NYRR about about a Run for Haiti on February 20th in Central Park. It's a 4 mile run/walk at 9:00am and all entry fees benefit the relief effort in Haiti. As long as my calendar is free, I think I will run it. Maybe I can get the hubs to run it as well. If you are interested, check it out at NYRR. It's for a great cause and you'll get 4 miles under your belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment