Monday, November 23, 2009

Today

Today I treated myself to a much needed mani and pedi. I love treating myself, especially after a run. When I’m unmotivated, I tell myself that if I do this run, then I can get my pedi. Everyone wins in the end, especially my feet. Although I did not run today, my feet are tired from standing on them all day yesterday while cooking a very good Sunday dinner for a table of friends. My delicious menu consisted of Chicken Marsala with Roasted Red Bliss Potatoes and a Waldorf salad. I finished it off with a dessert of Chocolate Whiskey and Beer Cupcakes (aka Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes) topped with a good heaping scoop of Mint Ice Cream (made from the mint that I still have growing in my garden thanks to global warming). The food kept coming and the wine kept flowing. It was a wonderful Sunday spent with very good friends. I was able to pull off this fabulous cupcake dessert thanks to Smitten Kitchen, one of my all time favorite food recipe blogs. (Click here if you want the recipe http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/01/car-bomb-cupcakes/.) Anyways, I spent most of my weekend shopping, cleaning, prepping, cooking and baking (and I guess you could say churning ice cream), so my hands, legs and feet were tired today. They deserved the mani and pedi. Another reason I have grown to love Queens- $19 mani and pedi deals from Monday to Wednesday!

After my visit to the nail salon, I headed over to a nearby shoe salon and treated my feet again. Thirty minutes later and my feet had two new pairs of very sexy and very needed heels. I can’t wait to show them off this week at work. Now I just need to pick out work outfits to go with the shoes.



Later on in the evening, I headed to the train station to pick up my husband. While waiting, he called me to tell me that he had missed the train stop and got off at the station two towns away. I told him to stay at that station and that I was on my way to pick him up. The conversation went like this:

Mishi: “Stay there. I’m driving to the station now”
Husband: “Okay but I’m two towns away. Do you know where the station is?”
Mishi: “Yes. I know exactly where it is.”
Husband: “How do you know?”
Mishi: “Because I have run by it before.”

I smiled to myself after my response to my husband. You see Queens is not that big and I had to find various running routes throughout Queens/Nassau County to get my long runs in for my marathon training. I literally ran all over. So it felt good to know that another benefit to my training/running was now knowing where other train stations are, just in case my husband falls asleep and misses his stop again.

No comments:

Post a Comment